Chocolate Coffee Truffles
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrabHolidayHappiness #CollectiveBias
During the holiday season, I practically live in the kitchen. I love entertaining family and friends, feeding them my best and most festive concoctions, listening to jazzy Christmas music, and enjoying a strong cup of Dunkin’ Donuts coffee before they drive off into the wintry night. One of my favorite treats to feed my guests are these decadent Chocolate Coffee Truffles, which are filled with creamy chocolate and bold Dunkin’ Donuts coffee. They’re a perfect one bite dessert that melt in your mouth.
I start by melting down some chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a pot filled with water. Melting the chocolate gently like this helps to keep it from drying with white bubbles.
In a separate saucepan, I add some heavy cream, brewed (extra strong) Dunkin’ Donuts Original Blend Ground Coffee, some instant coffee granules and melt it all together. Dunkin’ Donuts is the brand that keeps this baking babe going strong. As a mom, coffee is practically my life force and Dunkin’ Donuts delivers my morning (who am I kidding, all day) beverage faithfully to keep me going all day long, ensuring I make the most of my day. The flavor is so smooth, delicious, and high quality that it translates into my holiday baking effortlessly.
This is also the perfect time to enjoy a cup of the good stuff myself.
Once the chocolate chips have melted completely, I add the coffee mixture and stir it all together until well combined.
The mixture then gets transferred to a loaf pan that I prepared with some parchment paper and nonstick spray. I pop it into the fridge to set for about two to three hours.
Once the chocolate has set, I remove the loaf pan from the fridge and start forming the doughy chocolate into one inch balls with my hands.
Once the dough is all formed into balls, I pop them back into the fridge while I melt some more chocolate using the glass bowl over boiling water method.
Using a fork, I dunk the balls into the melted chocolate to coat them and then transfer them to a plate lined with parchment paper.
I garnish them with some coffee beans and then they go back into the fridge to set completely for about an hour.
These Chocolate Coffee Truffles are filled with sweet chocolate and the smooth flavor from Dunkin’ Donuts coffee, marrying to two into a perfect morsel of holiday love. Anytime I make these tasty treats, they’re devoured by my guests in minutes. They’re always the first dessert to disappear.
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons strongly brewed Dunkin' Donuts coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- Fill a saucepan with water and place a glass bowl on top. Melt one cup of the chocolate chips in the glass bowl.
- In a separate saucepan, combine heavy cream, coffee, and granules until boiling.
- Combine coffee mixture with melted chocolate and transfer to prepared loaf pan.
- Refrigerate for three hours to set.
- Once chocolate has set to a dough-like consistency, remove from fridge and form into one inch balls with hands.
- Transfer balls back into fridge.
- Melt the other cup of chocolate chips in the same glass bowl.
- Remove balls from ridge and drop one at a time into melted chocolate to coat, using a form to remove and set on a prepared plate.
- Garnish with coffee beans, cocoa powder, or whatever you prefer.
- Refrigerate for an additional hour to set.