Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Living in SoCal, I have access to some of the freshest produce in the world. I love taking advantage of seasonal fruits and veggies to create flavors that coincide with the season. With green beans in plentiful harvest this summer, I was inspired to create a savory recipe for Parmesan Roasted Green Beans. Roasting green beans is one of my favorite ways to enjoy them, so I played off of that along with some of my favorite ingredients like parmesan and olive oil.
I start with about a pound of fresh green beans that have been washed and had the ends snipped off.
Next I drizzle over plenty of olive oil.
Some panko bread crumbs.
And kosher salt.
I mix it all together with my hands (anything else is a futile attempt since the green beans are so stiff). I spread the green beans out on a pan and bake them at 400F for about 20 minutes, taking them out about halfway through to toss them around a bit.
Once the green beans have finished cooking, I pull them out and while they’re still hot, I sprinkle over some shredded parmesan cheese.
These Parmesan Roasted Green Beans are delicious! My husband and I both couldn’t stop snacking on them before dinner even started, ha! The panko give them a crispy texture while the olive oil and parmesan together give it a savory taste.
I served these Parmesan Roasted Green Beans alongside my Lemon Butter Chicken Breasts, which I shared last week. It was such a simple meal to pull together, but offered tons of fun summer flavors!
- 1 green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-4 tablespoons panko bread crumbs
- 3-4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl combine green beans with olive oil, kosher salt, and panko.
- Spread evenly over large baking sheet.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, pulling them out halfway through to toss.
- While still hot, sprinkle parmesan over green beans before serving.