Crab Zucchini Sushi Rolls
Disclosure: I receive free product in order to evaluate and comment on my experiences using Medifast products. Medifast products and the Medifast program are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or illness.
One of my goals for the new year is to try and introduce new (to me!) foods and alternative solutions for my Lean and Green meals that I can enjoy during dinner time. On the mmmMedifast™ YouTube channel, I discovered these Crab Zucchini Sushi Rolls and tried them for myself. Typically I’m not a lover of seafood, but I do enjoy crab rolls occasionally. After whipping up a batch of these, they’re something I can definitely get behind!
To start, I grab a few lumps of crab meat and add it to a bowl with some plain greek yogurt and a dash or two of Sriracha (my fave addition to most any meal, ha!), giving it all a good stir to combine them together.
Setting aside the crab mixture, I grab a zucchini and slice of the ends before using my vegetable peeler to shear off several thin pieces of the zucchini. I also prepare some matchstick slices of cucumber and cube some avocado.
Laying down a piece of zucchini nice and flat, I fill it with some of the crab mixture, a slice of cucumber, and a little avocado.
Then I roll up the zucchini around the ingredients and secure it closed using a tooth pick.
This has become one of my favorite on-plan meals to enjoy and I’m not even a little ashamed to admit that I’ve eaten these Crab Zucchini Rolls every night this week, ha! Whether you’re on the plan or not, these tasty little rolls can be made for parties, as an appetizer, or a simple weeknight meal you can enjoy with your family.
- 3 cups lump crab meat
- 1 cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 small cucumber, chopped into matchstick-sized pieces
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Combine first three ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Chop the ends off of your zucchini, and use a vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer to peel your zucchini into long, thin strips (8 per zucchini).
- Lay zucchini strips flat vertically and spread a spoonful of crab mixture onto each (about 1 – 2 tablespoons of mixture per strip). Arrange a few matchsticks of cucumber and a slice of avocado horizontally on each strip.
- Roll up the zucchini strips, secure with toothpicks, and serve with soy sauce on the side.
Original recipe from: http://www.medifastblog.com/2016/08/01/crab-zucchini-sushi-roll-presented-by-mmmmedifast/
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PROGRAM OR WANT TO LEARN MORE, YOU CAN VISIT MEDIFAST1.COM. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN STARTING THE PROGRAM, USE MY COUPON CODE AT CHECKOUT HOLLY15 FOR $15 OFF $150 PLUS FREE SHIPPING.*
*Limit one per customer. Excludes ready-to-drink shakes. Not valid with Medifast Advantage, or any other promotions or discounts.