This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetnSaltyHoliday #CollectiveBias
With Thanksgiving around the corner, I’m in my kitchen daily prepping for the feast, experimenting with new recipes, and creating dishes ahead of time to help me prepare. For dessert this year, I decided to create individual servings of a deliciously creamy Chocolate Mousse topped with crumbles of Chocolate Wavy Lay’s for a little salty sweet crunch and texture. The recipe is simple and satisfies even the chocolatiest of cravings. It’s a prefect addition to my Thanksgiving dessert menu and I can see this becoming a regularly looked forward to treat during the holiday season.
First I beat together a couple of eggs with some white sugar for a good long three minutes until it was a foamy texture.
While it was mixing, I warmed up some heavy cream in a saucepan until just hot, but not quite boiling.
I slowly added the heavy cream to my egg mixture until just combined.
Then I transferred it all back into the saucepan and stirred it all together over medium heat until it thickened, stirring constantly to ensure it never boiled.
Next I removed the mixture from the heat and stirred in some chocolate until it melted completely.
Then I covered it and stored it in the fridge to chill, coming back to stir it every so often.
Once the chocolate mixture was chilled through and ready, I poured some more heavy cream into my mixer and whisked it up until stiff peaks formed.
Then I removed the chilled chocolate mixture from the fridge and folded it into the whipped cream until it was completely incorporated and smooth.
To serve, I piped the Chocolate Mousse into clear plastic cups for individual servings.
And then I crumbled up some Chocolate Wavy Lay’s and sprinkled them over the top of each serving to add a slight crunchy texture.
The Chocolate Wavy Lay’s add a nice texture and a salty sweet crunch to the dessert and compliments the chocolate flavor perfectly. The chocolate covered potato chips are available in three tasty flavors: Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Covered with Almond Bits (my favorite). For a limited time, just for the holidays, you can find all three flavors at your local Target store.
Visit Target’s website for more info on Chocolate Wavy Lay’s (you can even order right online!). You can also follow FritoLay on Facebook for more recipe ideas, information, and more.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2½ cups cold heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Chocolate Covered Lays, crumbled
- Beat together eggs and sugar in mixer for roughly three minutes.
- Meanwhile heat one cup heavy cream in a small saucepan until hot, but not boiling.
- With mixer on low add hot cream into egg mixture slowly until combined.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan and over low heat stir constantly until thickened (about five minutes) without allowing mixture to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Cover mixture and refrigerate for until chilled through completely, stirring occasionally.
- Once mixture is chilled and firm, use whisk attachment to whip remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Remove chocolate from fridge and use paddle attachment to fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture until incorporated and smooth.
- Pipe into individual serving cups using plastic zip closure bag.
- Top with crumbled Chocolate Covered Lays.
- Serve immediately.