Summer is in full swing here at Casa de Sosa. Plenty of cold pasta, Crockpot dinners, and anything else we can do to keep the desert sun from keeping our home too warm inside. I’ve been pinning away recipes for weeks now looking for the perfect frozen dessert to make for our church’s weekly community group. And I have found true frozen dessert peace with this Frozen Hot Chocolate Cheesecake. Only, I was so excited I made it a week early…and we kind of ate it all before I could serve it to our community group. No REGERTS guys.
The hardest part about this recipe is letting it freeze. It will need to freeze overnight or at the very least, for eight hours. Resist the temptation, friends! Trust me and wait because this pie is glorious and worth every minute of torturous waiting.
Pull it out about ten minutes before serving and garnish however you like. With whipped cream, more crushed OREO cookies, or both, ha! Since this is a frozen pie, remember that it’s supposed to have an ice cream texture and any leftovers should be popped back into the freezer. But you’re not going to have any leftovers because THIS PIE!!!
- 2 cups OREO cookies
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 package cream cheese, 8 oz (softened)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 14 oz
- 6 packets hot chocolate mix (with marshmallows)
- 1 container cool whip, 8 oz (thawed)
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- Using a food processor, pulse the OREO cookies until they form fine crumbs.
- Transfer crumbs to a medium bowl and add sugar and butter and combine well.
- Press crumbs into bottom of a springform pan to form crust and set aside.
- In another medium bowl add cream cheese and beat for approximately one minute.
- Slowly add in condensed milk and beat for an additional three minutes.
- Stop mixer and add in one packet hot chocolate mix.
- Turn mixer on and mix until well combined.
- Repeat process with each packet of hot chocolate mix.
- Fold in Cool Whip by hand until just combined.
- Gently swirl in marshmallow fluff to create ribbons throughout mixture.
- Transfer to springform pan with OREO crust and spread evenly throughout.
- Freeze overnight or eight hours.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Store leftovers back in freezer.