5 Tips for Planning a Romantic Stay-cation
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KYTrySomethingNew #CollectiveBias
September promises to be a busy, but exciting month for my family and me. The debut of pumpkin spice coffee, cooler weather, and I’m turning thirty. A major life milestone that I’m looking forward to embracing along with a child-free stay-cation I’ve been planning for my husband and myself. We will be heading just a short drive away to Big Bear where September will be waiting in all her warm and toasty sweater weather glory.
A short getaway to a nearby luxury hotel or at a neighboring town can be exactly what you need to relax and recharge your batteries as a couple. It’s easy on the wallet and just as much fun as a faraway destination. Planning a romantic stay-cation is exciting, but it can often be overwhelming or stressful if you are doing it for the first time. Today I’ll be sharing several of my tips for planning your own romantic stay-cation that will help ensure you and your partner connect and enjoy one another.
1. Plan ahead and book your hotel room in advance. You should also account for a sitter, travel expenses (gas), and any recreational activities you may want to do. For instance, our stay-cation will be in an area known for its scenery; so we will be planning on a short hiking tour.
2. Research what makes your town special. Is your town famous for being the home to Paul Bunyan (like my home town of Oscoda, MI)? Maybe your town is famous for the cheese in the area? You may be surprised at what your town’s history or special quirks are. Take some time to research it and plan your stay-cation around an activity that features your town’s uniqueness.
3. Ensure you’re prepared to connect with your partner. Clear your schedule, turn off email notifications, agree to a no phones outside of the hotel room. Make sure you take the time and effort to genuinely connect. I like to hint at the possibility of what could come by obviously packing K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel. Let’s be real friends, part of a stay-cation includes connecting with a little bow-chica-wow-wow. It’s normal, it’s healthy, it’s part of intimacy, and it’s nothing to be ashamed about. And it can actually be fun to tease your partner with what’s to come when they see what you’ve packed.
4. Bring your camera and capture your favorite moments together as a couple. Don’t be afraid to ask someone to snap a photo of you and your partner together. Having the photos to look back on and remember will help you later when life may get overwhelming.
5. Be romantic even if it’s not your norm. Your partner may resist at first; especially if it’s out of character for you, but nobody ever regrets a surprise candlelit dinner or a special treat ordered to the room. Hint for my husband reading this: I love a good cheesecake!
My husband and I are raising a blended family together which means we are busy with conflicting schedules and activities, getting kids to and from, plus ensuring we spend time together as a family. Our biggest struggle is connecting as a couple since our children take up most (all!) of our time. K-Y® offered some great tips in this video geared at busy parents like us, and I couldn’t agree more with the advice. Intimacy is an essential and healthy part of our marriage and relationship, so making time for each other is key.
K-Y® LOVE Sensuality Pleasure Gel is available down the intimacy aisle at your local Walmart.
How do you plan to feel the romance with your partner this coming pumpkin spice season? Do you have any stay-cation advice to offer? Let’s chat in the comments below.