DIY Netflix Coffee Mugs, a Great Last Minute Holiday Gift!
Last year, I tried my hand at the infamous Sharpie mug made famous by Pinterest. Unfortunately, the Sharpie mug was a DIY-ers myth & the permanent marker faded after only a few washes. After some research, I discovered glass markers that are made specifically for this purpose & after creating my first mug a few months back, I’m happy to report that it is holding up wonderfully.
- plain white mugs from the dollar store
- craft markers that will write on glass
- one year Netflix subscription (available in increments of $30 & $60)
- microwave popcorn (optional)
- candy cane (optional)
- Do some searching for fun quips & quotes from your fave shows available on Netflix. Right now, you can stream The Office, Gilmore Girls, All Hail King Julien (Netflix’s new kid-friendly series) Orange is the New Black & more. As of January 1st, you’ll be able to stream the entire Friends series! Do a quick search for some short quotes from your fave that will fit easily onto a mug. Keep it as sort & simple as possible.
- Use your craft markers to write on your quotes/quips in block lettering.
- Allow mugs to dry in a safe space. I placed mine in front of a window so the sun could speed along the process.
- While your mugs are drying, purchase your gift subscription on Netflix.com or at your closest major retailer (Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Albertson’s Lowe’s, 7-Eleven, Staples, Dollar General, & more!
- Dress up the mugs with a bag of microwave popcorn, a candy cane, & the subscription front & center.