Scones always remind me of my bestie, Maria. Her ultra-Italian family introduced me to the little nuggets of joy when I was in high school. Since then, whenever I enjoy a scone, I think of her & reflect on the fond memories we created together as young women, navigating the insecurities of teenage-dom. We saw each other through bad boyfriends, pimples, & Honors classes then; and now through high risk pregnancies, new careers, & motherhood. Since I’ve moved, we don’t keep in contact nearly like we used to, but our friendship is the easy kind that picks up right where it left off & I know whenever I need her, she is just a text or phone call away….or maybe even just a scone call away! Ha!
These mini butterscotch scones are absolutely exquisite. I found this recipe from the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® archives & just had to recreate it. Since I’m not much for raisins, I swapped them out for butterscotch chips much to my delight. The results were nothing short of divine.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup milk
- sugar (optional, for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray heavy coating of non-stick cooking oil on each sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, & baking powder.
- Mix in I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread until mixture turns to coarse crumbs.
- Add in butterscotch chips.
- Stir in milk until dough forms.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Sprinkle tops with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve while still warm.
I created this recipe using the newly reformulated I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® to test out just how well their reinvented product works. Clearly, I was thrilled enough to share this with all of you along with some helpful information on this new product.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.