Tweens. That’s probably the hardest age for gift buying. MJ is in between loving kid play & wanting to be older & taken more seriously. I spent a lot of time figuring out what I thought she would/wouldn’t like & I think I came up with a rad gift guide for tween girls.
1) Monster High dolls: MJ is not a girly girl. She much prefers Monster High to plain ol’ Barbie. I was concerned she may be getting too old for them, but she explicitly asked for new ones, so there is still a little girl in there somewhere.
2) Fox sweater: Home girl is way into What Does the Fox Say, but really, what tween isn’t?
3) Fox earrings: I have a theme. I’m gonna run with it, folks.
4) Tablet: When MJ visits us here in the middle of nowhere, she really misses her friends. I asked her what she wanted for Christmas & she said a tablet so she could Skype with her BFFFFFFFFFs.
5) Uggs: No, she will not be getting this $170 pair. But I’m sure I can find her some knock-offs.
6) Goosebumps books: MJ loves scary stuff & she is a total bookworm. I know she would love some new Goosebumps books.
7) Jeans: She needs some new jeans. Clothes are becoming a fun gift again. Win, win.
8) Minnie Mouse nail polish: Nail polish with Minnie Mouse on it. You are never too old for Disney. Done & done.
9) Rainbow loom bands: This is the new cool thing kids are doing right now. I swear I see them everywhere. Plus, MJ is all about her crafts.