Today, I’m writing you while still high on a weekend with friends. Entertaining in our home is one of my favorite things and when I genuinely connect with my guests over a beer and good food, I get the feel-goods. Last night, the conversations went from the light hearted, like chin hairs, to deeper Mama-advice-needed, like how best to deal with a rebellious child. I realized somewhere between my second helping of BBQ meatballs and chatting about shower-spying husbands, that I had built my very own Mama tribe here in this town. When we first moved here, we were very much isolated and alone, but over the past few years, we’ve build friendships that are growing and making this desert feel more like home. Promising to make our visit a monthly event, I added it to my goals for the month alongside a date night with husband.
February saw lots of goal progress, but also setbacks that only a traveling cold could bring. The germs visited each one of us this month bringing snotty coughs, sore throats, and two empty bottles of children’s Motrin. Never one to be defeated, I still tackled my list as best as I could. Reflecting on my goals for February below:
BLOGGING GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
- Make a blog binder: This never got done but time is a-tickin’ and I need to make sure I buckle down this month to get it together.
Update my resume: Done. Gain 30 Bloglovin’ subscribers: I gained four. A far cry from 30, but progress nonetheless. Vlog three times: I did not get this done, though I did start recording a day in my life vlog, but since I have been sick this month, I nixed it. I’ll try this again in March. Increase my Facebook shares: I’ve set up some fun Facebook shares for March and have definitely been sharing more on that outlet. Be sure to go like Our Holly Days on FB if you haven’t yet!
PERSONAL GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
Lose 10 pounds with Medifast: I’m down a total of 10 pounds. Complete a 7 minute workout 3 times weekly: I didn’t do this as consistently as I wanted to, but I’m still committed to it!
- Map out my daily schedule: I did not end up doing this. My cold got me down and then I played catch up for most of the month. I’m going to give it another go in March, though.
Use my DSLR: I did pick it up a few times, but I also want to do more of this.
FAMILY GOALS FOR FEBRUARY
Finish Aiden’s bedroom: We made tons of progress this month, but we were unable to totally finish it. We still need to get him a dresser and a few small accessories, but he’s officially sleeping in it! Go on a family Valentine’s date: We took the kids and Jacob’s parents to Freddy’s on a Valentine date and had a fun evening together as a family. The boys are still talking about ti and want to go back for more ice cream. Enjoy each other: We definitely enjoyed our family time…though it was in between us all catching cold. Ha!
March brings with it a new set of goals to keep me motivated and making continuous progress in the three areas of my life that I share with you friends. This month, I’m hoping to focus on time management, celebrating our children’s dedication, and creating lots of new content here while the boys are off with their other parents.
BLOGGING GOALS FOR MARCH
- Vlog twice: I receive such positive feedback on my vlogs which is just fuel for my fire. I’m hoping to bring at least two this month to OHD.
- Design my resume: Last month, I updated my resume with my professional experience and updated it. However, I want to design a visually appealing resume that will make me stand out in the virtual world.
- Create high quality content: I have a vision for each and every post I share, but often have a hard time translating it into photos. Since both boys will be visiting their other parents this month off and on, I’d like to spend that extra time buckling down to hone my craft.
- Make a blog binder: Time to get this done.
PERSONAL GOALS FOR MARCH
- Manage my time: I’d like to create a daily schedule with business hours that I can follow. I’m hoping this will help bring better harmony to my home since it’s also where I work.
- Have a Mama tribe date: I enjoy time with my fellow Mom friends and always leave them feeling renewed and with a heightened sense of knowing I’m not alone in my motherhood struggles and triumphs.
- Lose another 10 pounds with Medifast: I want to hit March strong!
- Continue seven minute workouts three times weekly: When I did my workouts, I felt like a champ. I want to make this more regular in my life until I form a habit.
FAMILY GOALS FOR MARCH
- Celebrate Collin, Aiden, and Evelyn’s dedication: All three of our children are being dedicated at our church this month. This is an event that is bringing our families together in a positive way and uniting us all in our giant blended family.
- Take the girls on a date: Jacob, Evelyn, and I will be visiting the girls this month and want to take them out on a special date. They have a few gift certificates from Christmas that they haven’t been able to use yet, which is the perfect excuse to take them on a shopping date.